Beautiful British Columbia
Where the Sea meets the Sky!
From the Surf to the Ski Hills
Canada’s westernmost province, British Columbia is a beautiful melting pot of some of the best travel in Canada. From the stunning Pacific Ocean where the province’s capital, Vancouver lies, to the myriad of ski hills deep in the Rocky Mountains. British Columbia is a paradise for adventure and cultural travelers alike. The province is home to deep indigenous roots on the beautiful islands of Haida Gwaii, and delectable food and wine experiences in the vineyards of the Okanagan Valley. Whatever your travel taste is, chances are that British Columbia has exactly what you’re looking for.
Explore the best of British Columbia
Check out some of our most popular B.C. blog posts to learn some of the top things to do in British Columbia.
Discover some of the most incredible Canadian destinations for family travel from coast-to-coast.
Outlining our favorite road trip in each Canadian Province and Territory. Discover which British Columbia destinations made the list!
We took the kids to one of B.C.’s best ski hills to test our mettle and learn to ski in British Columbia. It was a powder-filled extravaganza!
What you need to know about travel in British Columbia
- The Greater Vancouver Area is the core of British Columbia. Not only is this the province’s key port, but Vancouver is one of the largest cities in Canada. It is surrounded by satellite cities such as Burnaby, Richmond, Coquitlam, and Surrey.
- Vancouver Island is a huge island off the coast of mainland B.C. It is home to large populations in Victoria and Nanaimo in the southern region but virtually empty in the north.
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- British Columbia is one of Canada’s prime skiing destinations. Not only is it home to some of the country’s largest mountains, but it’s northern location and large population makes it perfect as a snow lovers paradise. Some of the province’s top ski resorts are Whistler Blackcomb, Big White, Silverstar, Sun Peaks, and Revelstoke.
- Food and Wine
- Vancouver is known for its amazing food, especially it’s Asian cuisine.
- The Okanagan Valley surrounding Kelowna is home to amazing wineries and restaurants run by some of the world’s best chefs.