Discover Family Travel To Norway
Travel To Norway With Kids Through Mountains, Fjords, and More!
A Paradise of Natural Wonders!
Travel to Norway offers a spectacular package steeped with nature, culture, and dramatic scenery. Norway is lined with epic fjords and towering mountains. And through all that, some of the most unique travel packages around.
Discover the Hurtigruten ferry that travels along one of the world’s most stunning coastlines from the top of Europe down to the beautiful city of Bergen. Or the Norway in a Nutshell tour that combines trains, boats, and buses through some of the most incredible natural wonders around.
Traveling to Norway with kids offers the chance to experience Europe’s only indegenous people, the Sami. And experience one of the most fascinating countries in Scandinavia.
Explore the Best of Norway with Kids!
Check out some of our most popular Norway blog posts.
We spent far too little time in Bergen Norway. But during our short visit, it quickly became one of our favorite European cities! Discover the best way to spend a short stay in Bergen Norway with kids.
Norway’s Hurtigruten ferry is one of the country’s most iconic transit routes. This Norwegian cruise brings you along some of the world’s most beautiful coastline as well as under some of its most dramatic skies.
Combining epic train journeys, winding mountain bus-rides, and a UNESCO World Heritage Norwegian fjord, the Norway in a Nutshell Bergen to Oslo tour is one of Norway’s most spectacular journeys.
What you need to know about travel in Norway
- Currency in Norway
- Norway uses the Norwegian krone. The average value is approximately $0.12 USD. You can check the current exchange rate here.
- The Capital of Norway is Oslo. This sprawling city is home to nearly 650,000 people. It is also the home of the King and Queen of Norway.
- Norway uses C and F type Europlug sockets. The standard voltage is 220 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.
- Cellular Phone Service
- Cell phone service is readily available in more than 95% of Norway. The main carriers are Telenor and NetCom.
- Roads, Driving and Public Transit
- Roads and highways in Norway are well-maintained. During the winter much of Norway requires the use of studded or chained tires due to snow and ice buildup.
- Norway with Kids
- We highly recommend family travel in Norway. There are many amazing things to experience. And the people of Norway are very warm and inviting, especially towards children and families.