Welcome to Portugal
Prepare to be Amazed!
Discover History in Portugal
Portugal is one of the jewels of Europe. Its beautiful location, friendly people, and incredible food make it a popular destination for visitors, especially those who travel from the UK. And if done right, Portugal can be one of the most budget-friendly destinations in Western Europe.
Prepare to be amazed at the incredible variety of castles, beaches, natural beauty and stunning city’s that Portugal has to offer.
Explore the best of Portugal!
Check out some of our most popular Iceland blog posts.
Evora, Portugal has been consistently touted as one of the best places to visit in Portugal. Does it live up to its reputation?
It doesn’t get much better than the beaches of the Algarve. Find out why we love it so much!
It’s time to live out all those fairytale stories in one of the most picturesque cities we have ever seen!
What you need to know about travel in Portugal
- Portugal is a member of the European Union and uses the Euro currency. The average value is approximately $1.20 USD. You can check the current exchange rate here.
- The Capital of Portugal is Lisbon. This vibrant city is a favourite among travelers due to its beauty, scenic views, and incredible history.
- Portugal uses the Type F socket at 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.
- Cellular Phone Service
- Cell phone service is readily available throughout most of Portugal.
- Roads, Driving and Public Transit
- Portugal has a series of well-maintained roads and highways. Traffic on local roads in Portugal can be heavy, especially in urban areas.
- There is also a series of toll highways in Portugal. The highways have both upper and lower limits but expect traffic to be moving at all speeds and be cautious.
- Portugal with Kids