Welcome to Brazil
Explore Beautiful Brazil!
Discover Stunning Brazil for Kids
Brazil is the largest country in South America and home to the vast majority of the famous Amazon rainforest. It’s Portuguese history makes it unique among Latin American countries. In fact, Brazil is the only country in the Americas to have Portuguese as an official language. This global superpower is a wonder of adventure travel. It’s famous for beautiful beaches, untouched wilderness, and of course, it’s unique cultural history.
Famous Brazil attractions include the Itaipu Dam (which it shares with its neighbor Paraguay) and Iguazu Falls (which it shares with Argentina), the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro, and of course, it’s string of world-class beaches. It’s not hard to find fun things to do in Brazil with kids, so, if you are planning a trip, start here for some amazing travel inspiration!
Explore the best of family travel to Brazil!
Check out some of our most popular Brazil blog posts.
The Iguazu Falls are spectacular. Gazing upon it, there is no surprise it one of the best places to go in Brazil,. This series of cascading waterfalls offers one of the most epic views in the world.
What you need to know about travel in Brazil
- Brazilian currency is the Brazilian Real. The average value of the Brazilian Real is approximately $0.35 USD. You can check out the current value here.
- The Capital of Brazil is Brasília. Brasília is located in the Brazilian highlands in the center-west of the country. It is also home to Paranoá Lake, a large artificial lake that was built to increase the available water and humidity of the region. The lake is a popular spot for water sports, especially SCUBA diving to a village that is submerged beneath the lake.
- Brazil uses the Type N socket. This socket is unique to Brazil. Type N sockets run off 230 V electrical outlets.
- Cellular Phone Service
- Cellular service is available through most of Brazil
- Roads, Driving and Public Transit
- Driving in Brazil is a popular way to get around. Especially due to the limited nature of the country’s public transit system. Roads are generally in good repair and Brazil has an excellent highway system.
- Brazil with Kids
- Family travel in Brazil is extremely popular. Brazilians are generally very inviting towards children. The country is large, which means travel through Brazil can take time, or require numerous flights. But the experiences within this country more than makes up for the effort needed.