Welcome to Colombia
It willl take your breath away!
Discover Magical Colombia!
Colombia has left it’s dangerous history behind and is now one of the world’s top travel destinations. And with endless nature, beautiful cities and incredible art scenes, it’s easy to see why Colombia is one of the most popular destinations in the world!
Exploring some of the best places to visit in Colombia should be at the top of every travel lovers list. Colombian culture is incredible. The history dates back thousands of years and the country has become a melting pot of some of the worlds most incredible people. And from the beaches of Cartagena to the mountains of Bogota, there is no lack of things to see in Colombia for kids.
Explore the best of Colombia for Kids!
Check out some of our most popular Colombia blog posts.
Although this beautiful city deserves much more time, sometimes you’re on a schedule. Here is our top things to see in Bogota with kids.
Dive deep into the history of the Incan legend and join the desperate search for the lost treasure of El Dorado at Laguna Guatavita, Colombia.
Explore the walled city of Cartagena, Colombia and discover why it is one of the most amazing things to see in Colombia.
What you need to know about travel in Colombia
- Currency in Colombia is the Colombian peso. The average value of the Colombian peso is approximately $0.00033 USD. You can check out the current value here.
- The capital of Colombia is Bogota. This mountain city sits at 2,640 m (8,661 ft). Bogota is famous for its street art and ancient history.
- In Colombia the outlets are type A and B. The standard voltage is 110 V and the standard frequency is 60 Hz.
- Cellular Phone Service
- Cellular phone service is readily available in most urban areas of Colombia. Sim cards are available for unlocked phones.
- Roads, Driving and Public Transit
- Most roads and highways in Colombia are well-maintained.
- Because of the mountainous terrain, it is easy to underestimate the driving time needed between many locations in Colombia.
- It is not uncommon for drivers to speed and pass on turns and blind corners. Drive with caution.
- Colombia with Kids
- Family travel to Colombia is very popular. Colombia takes visitor safety very seriously. In fact it has a seperate police force strictly to ensure the comfort of tourists to Colombia.
All the best of Family Travel in Colombia
Chasing the Lost City of Gold in Guatavita Colombia with Kids This post may contain compensated links. For more information please read our disclaimer. Shrouded in myth and mystery, few places have flared the imagination of explorers and treasure hunters as m […]
Things To Do in Bogota Colombia On A 48-Hour Visit This post may contain compensated links. For more information please read our disclaimer. Bogota Colombia is a vibrant, energetic city. Its colorful artistic scene has spread to other Colombian cities like […]
Escape to Pirate Island in Colombia with Kids During our visit to Colombia, we situated ourselves in the beautiful north coastal town of Cartagena. We explored the fascinating old town and got incredibly lost! To break from the mainland life […]
Exploring Colourful Cartagena Colombia Cartagena de Indias in Colombia is rich in history and adventure. Pirates battling Spanish Conquistadors for gold comes straight to mind when looking over this sprawling city that was once five islands connected by bridges. The […]
2015 – A year in travel This post may contain compensated links. For more information please read our disclaimer. With 2015 drawing to a close our family took the time to discuss how lucky we are to be living the life […]